7.22.2008

Annual Meeting




Doug and I just got back from my company's annual meeting in Milwaukee. Well, it's actually still going on, but we just stayed for the first two days. It was awesome and I feel so pumped up now! We got to see/hear Rudy Guiliani speak, but honestly, I didn't think he was very good at public speaking. My fav part was hearing Dale Thomas Smith (a woman, though her name's dale :) at a luncheon that rocked- all about positive attitude and optimism being choices. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's something I've heard a zillion times, but it's still fun to hear from such an enthusiastic person, and it's something everybody needs to hear over and over again for it to sink in. We stayed at the Astor in Milwaukee, which I DO NOT recommend! It's an old 1930's hotel that yeah, I guess it's cute and historic, but it's certainly NOT the Radisson where we stayed last year. Guess we know now! We had the garden party at the zoo again with tons of loud live bands, games, parties, all you can eat of everything heaven-sent for sure! Killer! Thanks to my boss for the great weekend! Oh, and I didn't run in the 10K because we didn't get there in time!

But the visit with my parents went well even though it lasted super late into the night Saturday night. Our desk is AWESOME and I love it so much. I will post pics when we get the bookcases painted and the whole thing in use. The truck is up and running again thanks to a new starter, and I think we're going to post it for sale soon. We had an interesting night last night when it ran out of gas and Doug pushed it up a hill while Frank and I cracked up laughing in the cab! Love you, He Man!

No comments: