7.29.2008

A Work in Progress




Last Saturday, Frank and I took a road trip down to Batavia, IL in the newly-operating Mater to pick up some freebie 20-yr-old bookshelves from Doug's parents' basement. It was a really hot but really gorgeous day in the wonderful sunshine! Yes, my left arm got a little pink, but nothing a Starbucks double choclately chip blended creme frozen drink couldn't cool down!!!!! (BTW, those are AMAZING! As is the Strawberries-n-creme. None of the blended creme frozen drinks have coffee in them.) Mater ran like a champ. Frank could barely stop panting, just stopped long enough to pass out for little naps. At Doug's parents' house, I only hung out there for like an hour with his mom, but we took the herd of four pups for a walk around the park and munched on some fabulous wild mulberries (definitely going to plant one of those in my yard someday). Got the bookcases loaded up with ropes and knots that would shame a boyscout, then drove home. And voila! I set to work! last night and today we put in the dividing veritical pieces of wood and we intend on using the bookshelves upside down. Tonight I'm painting them the dark brown to match the desks (fossil mosaic) we built last weekend.

I'll post the pics once it's finally done! The desks are so sweet :) I'm so excited to get all my books out of the boxes in our storage closet!

No comments: