Hey, all! It's been too long, I know. Every waking moment (and every sleeping moment, too) is occupied with the advancement of my dream to start a business helping people train for running/cycling races, lose weight in bootcamps & support groups, & do one-on-one personal training & nutrition counseling. I've decided on the non-profit format (thanks to LOTS of assistance in the planning stages from my sis-in-law Erianne), offering the race training groups for free, just an unitimidating setting for the average Joe and Jane to train for amazing accomlishments in a friendly and supportive environment w/ yoga warm up pre-run/ride and cool downs post-run/ride. Then I will charge for the strength training bootcamps, one-on-one personal training, one-on-one nutrition counseling, and restorative yoga for athletes classes, hot yoga classes, & strength training yoga classes. It will start initially being all outdoors on the trails & in the parks around Denver. If the first and maybe second years go well, then that third year will involve building an actual year-round facility inside a downtown industrial space for yoga classes to be held, for the support groups to meet & lounge around, for the meeting location for rides/runs, and for indoor running/cycling when the weather is harsh in the winter. After that point, triathlon training will start up w/ open water swimming for all tri distances, add in a wetsuit rental portion of the biz, a small retail section, and epanding our health/fitness/training library for participants to check out books for free. After that point, I'd add in hypnobirthing/doula classes taught by outside licensed professionals to be held at the studio, and massage therapy, accupuncture, healthy cooking demos, etc. Everything at every level will be very minimalistic, very low-expense, very approachable and unitimidating for the average person, and teaching a healthy holistic lifestyle to last a lifetime, that you don't need to be a gym rat, but that you can get fit and stay fit with very little equipment.
I am in week 7 of my 9 week Hot Yoga & Hot Power Fusion yoga teacher training program w/ Corepower Yoga. That's 7 1/2 hours a week of just learning in a group setting, not to mention the TONS of classes, a cadaver lab, outside documentaries, outside books, etc. to get me up to the 200 hours to get my Registered Yoga Teacher certificate w/ Yoga Alliance. Pretty much I'm on track w/ my 30+ hours a week of yoga-related stuff I am involved in.
Then I get to do my 2 evening Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid training class.
Then I wrap up studying for & I take my ACSM Personal Trainer exam.
Interspersed with all of that is my continued business plan tweaking, website development (the 10 in 6 blog will move to be a part of this site w/ hopefully RSS feed capablity), legal liability waiver fine-tuning, continued processing of my non-profit set up ppwk (3-6 months for it to be recognized by the IRS).
The $$ aspect of it will be a slowing factor that I have to deal with, but my excitement about this is so huge, that hopefully things will all work out just fine due to optimism & dreaming big :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You are a ROCKSTAR, Sarah! Keep reaching for the stars and rockin' the world!
Your plans sound great Sarah! I'm excited to see it all together!!!
Post a Comment