The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective. by Andy AndrewsMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
This is a cute book. It reads a lot like a Mitch Albom book, quite a bit Hallmarky/Lifetime made-for-TV-movie. But there's some good advice. I would have given it more stars if I felt it was more original (I feel like he copied his "4 love dialects" from Dr. Gary Chapman's 5 love languages and his "the difference between you and the future you is the books you read" from Mark Twain). Good little pick-me-up and inspire-me-to-do-better book. Also made me wish I lived by the ocean in Gulf Shores, Alabama! My favorite story within the book was the one where Jones helped the elderly woman realize she could still do things, that her mission wasn't finished on earth or else she'd be gone, that by making small influences in people's lives now she could affect billions of people in the future. I LOVE his chain of events about George Washington Carver. Really makes you understand how interconnected we all are.
View all my reviews >>




1 comment:
Thanks for the review. I am very intrigued and will have to read it.
Post a Comment