6.08.2009

Century Ride



I am one proud wifey! Doug rode and completed his first Century bicycle ride this past Saturday, the Trek 100 ride in Waterloo, WI. He was a champ, rode 100 miles in drizzly rain. The support system of friends and family was unbelievable- still makes me misty-eyed to think about how awesome everyone was. He rode with his Dad, his brother Matt, his uncle Steven, family friends Stacee & John, his friend from our ward Grant, & uncle Steven's friend Ben. Dad, Matt, Stacee, & Grant stuck w/ Doug the whole time, encouraging him, cheering him on, supporting him. It was so phenomenal! Most everyone crossed the finish line together. Erianne, baby Aleah, & I supported & cheered as bike groupies at the last two aid stations and the finish line. There are so many pictures from so many cameras and it's going to take a week or two to collect them all, but here are some lousy ones from my cell phone to tide you over until I get all the high-quality ones from digital cameras. I am SOOOO PROUD OF YOU, DOUGLAS! MUAH!


Doug's Dad

Matt, Erianne, & Aleah

Grant & Stacee

Sweet Baby Aleah

Ben & Uncle Steven

2 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go, Doug! This makes me teary-eyed, too, Sarah!

MyDonkeySix said...

Wow! That is so AWESOME! Go Doug!