6.11.2009

Book Club

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
So I liked this book, but I kept catching myself thinking, "Wait! That's not how vampires are supposed to act..." or werewolves, etc. My Stephenie Meyers & JK Rowling exposure have evidentially spoiled my acceptance and easy-goingness of this book. BUT, it was pretty good, even if I felt a lot of the elements & words were stolen & tweaked minorly from elsewhere...



Very predictable, typical teen fantasy genre, but very cute nonetheless. Just the right amount of plot twists and interconnectedness of all the characters, but a little over the top with the "dramatic irony." Doesn't really pick up until halfway through. I'll probably read the other two in the series, though.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Harrop Family said...

Wow, Sarah! Your blog is so awesome! I love your design.

That's a ton of books. You must have a brilliant mind. So much information!

How is WI?