5.25.2010

Moved In

The apartment is 99% set up and I'm feeling great.  A whole week of sleep deprivation, box paper cuts, stubbed toe, and Mountain Dew and it's nearly home sweet home.  There are a few more finishing touches I want to put on the place before posting pics of it for you all to see- namely some fun bike mounts I ordered online that are supposed to be delivered today.  But here are the pics of the empty place I took right after we got the keys on May 14th but before we moved our stuff in May 15th.  I will spare you my lame commentated video :)

Doug, Matt, & Frank drove out the Penske truck wth all our stuff in it May 13th-14th and got here to Denver late the 14th.  It was soooooo good to see them!  Thanks for all your help, Matt.  We really really really appreciate it and had fun. 
The move-in on Saturday morning the 15th went well.  One guy from EQ came and two couples in our new ward that I've become friends (they're also new) with came to help and Stephanie helped me get the kitchen functional way faster than I would have on my own.  We found out the next day at church that there were other guys from EQ that had tried to come but couldn't find us (there were soooo many moving trucks outside our building that day w/ people moving in! :) ).  Everything was in within an hour.  It was great! 
Matt flew home on Sunday morning & then Doug flew back to Wisconsin on Tuesday morning.  Doug's in Janesville for a while and still working full-time at his job there b/c he hasn't gotten one out here in Denver yet.  So it's been a week without him again, though I've got the puggers this time.  He has a few things lined up and applications out and has been networking like crazy, so hopefully something soon will work out so we can settle in TOGETHER :)

To be continued.......... "Home Sweet Home" ........

4 comments:

MyDonkeySix said...

Nice place. Can't wait to see the finished product. Hope Doug finds a job there soon so he can come join you! Glad Frank is there to keep you company.

Christine Peterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine Peterson said...

Your place looks so nice, I'm jealous ;-)

Aubrey and Jardan said...

Congratulations! It looks so nice, I'm excited to see the pictures. Glad you've got Frank, even if Dougy isn't there! Good luck on him finding a job!!