12.01.2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

After traffic fun on Wednesday evening, we got to my family's pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's house in IL for a good time of yummy food, movies, & games.  Thanks for sharing the statement-picture-statement game with us, Bethany!  It was so fun :)  Of course Boggle ensued.... 48 points for me in the first round! I had the word "PANTHER."  How awesome is that?! Needless to say, nobody wanted to play further after 3 rounds, but I was still wicked proud.  Gets lonely at the top of world, jk.  No pictures, unfortunately, but if anyone in my fam has any, please do share!

Later that night we drove on to Doug's parents' in IL, getting in around midnight & crawling upstairs to sleep.  But the next 3 days were awesome!  Doug's brother Matt & his wife Erianne & their daughter Aleah were there visiting from Ohio.  We played games and had a great time hanging out.  Thanksgiving morning the boys all went and played the annual Turkey Bowl w/ the Geneva Ward.  Some older guy from their ward asked Doug which son was he, and he replied "I'm the one with the hot wife."  Doug's dad had to tell that one over the Thanksgiving dinner table :) A few little boys may have also been accidentially bulldozed during the game.  It's quite serious, I guess!  Er & I went for a run together while the boys were playing & Gran was watching Aleah-Bear. 


Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful as always, put on scrumptiously well by Doug's mom and with the traditional Baker's Square pies.  The day after Thanksgiving we did NOT go shopping.  We instead all went out to brunch at Lume's and drove up to Huntley to Lee's Trees to pick up this year's Christmas Tree.  As we were pulling out of the driveway that morning, Doug got a call for a case to go into work, so he drove back to Madison & missed out on that day completely, getting back to his parents' in IL at 4 am the next morning (case was in Wausau).  That afternoon I went rock climbing w/ Doug's dad, Matt, & Er at Vertical Endeavors inside Lifetime Fitness in Naperville.  Fake nails were a hinderance, but it was so much fun!  I am definitely going to do it again :) I'll have to see if there are rock climbing gyms here in Madison.  My arms were wasted for days.  Then the 4 of us went out to Noodles & Co in downtown Naperville, then headed home for relaxing. 


Saturday morning I went for a 20 mile run that was much needed, cleansing, relaxing, and rejuvenating.  It just feels so good during & after a run.  It's a beautiful thing.  Then me & Er went shopping at Kohl's and devoured their clearance racks for a good 2 1/2 hours while the boys all lifted weights downstairs at Doug's parents'.  Then we picked up the guys in the late afternoon and we all went to the Outlets which are about 2 minutes from where they live.  I had such a great time!  Lots of wonderful deals :) Didn't buy any pants yet- waiting for the last couple pounds to come off first then I'm rewarding myself w/ a new hot pair of jeans!  We got home & had yummy leftovers & yet more pie, then watched the end of the BYU-Utah game.  Go, Cougs! Sorry, Er :(


Sunday morning Matt, Er, & Aleah headed to the airport to fly home.  Doug and I headed to see his friend Joe, deliver a car to him (our neighbors' who sold it to Joe), and had a pug party.  Joe and his girlfriend Ashley have a pug named Dyson who's the same age as Frank but purebred.  I'll never complain about Frank's loud breathing and snorting again!  Dyson was louder than a real Dyson for sure!  So hilarious.  We made it back home finally Sunday afternoon, and then all the fun that ensues of course....LAUNDRY!  :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!!!!

2 comments:

Linds said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun. I love Doug's response- "I'm the one with the hot wife" *giggles* You are hot, but I love that- so awesome. That's gotta make you feel great about yourself ;-)

MyDonkeySix said...

Wow! What an awesome adventure! And Doug's a smart husband, plus he's honest. You're a babe!