12.28.2009
Our Christmas
This year was pretty low key for us, but it felt so great to relax and have fun w/ friends & family! Christmas Eve started off with a heavenly sleep in, excellent run, then dinner w/ friends. Jen & Martel came over for ham, mac (classy, right?), sweet potato & apple casserole, multi-grain rolls, and some yummy desserts Jen brought. We made a gingerbread house & gingerbread men. The first ones ever in my or Doug's lifetimes! There was a Pamela Anderson gingerbread, a Dennis Rodman gingerbread, a cracked out Ronald McDonald gingerbread, etc. Well...we tried :) Had fun w/ the Wii, killed some zombies, knocked out some Dr. Mario viruses, etc. Frank & Brandi had fun running around playing. On Christmas morning Doug, Frank, & I had a quiet little Christmas of opening our stockings & presents. Now we're trying to get that last little bit of Santa candy taken care of :) Doug & I went for a great run together (BTW- I am SOOOO FLIPPIN' PROUD OF HIM & HIS RUNNING!!!! He's up to 7 miles!!!!), even getting serenaded by and then cheered on by a drunk man at noon. Nothing pushes you to move faster like a great Christmas day anthem sung from the soul, with a little help from Coors :) I think he was impressed...
I hope you & yours had a great Christmas!
And yes, I was a slacker & never got around to getting a Christmas picture taken of us b/c the snowfall never got around to being perfect and we never got around to getting dolled up while it was still daylight outside and things got so hectic and crazy and and and and..... You MIGHT get a New Year's email & card from us :) Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment