12.31.2009

Feedback & Feedforward

2009 was pretty darn good to me.  I changed a lot for the better!  I lost 43 lbs, ran my first marathon, and finished my CLU journey.    According to Dr. Cooper, a neuroscientist turned Fortune-500 business coach, successful people are supposed to only do 10% of feedback (what went right or wrong?) and 90% of feedforward (what are we going to do from here on out?).  Focus forward.  Bring it on, 2010!  Show me whatcha workin' with!

Most of my goals for 2010 are pretty personal {much more so than usual :) }, and I created a lot fewer goals for this coming year than I did for 2009.  I've already posted my running and cycling race goals, as well as my P90X goal.  But one of the goals from my personal list, though, that I will share with you all, is pretty exciting.  I want to, on the side, start the training for becomming a certified Personal Trainer and then Life & Weight Management Consultant.  I figure I can get it accomplished by fall 2010.  There are some physiology, sports injury, & personal training courses I'm going to take, some certificiation training to take (CPR/AED), and then two big ACE exams to sit for.  It will be good motivation for me to keep active and sculpt more!  Then in the fall/winter, maybe I could have one or two clients who I work out with a couple nights a week & Saturdays...we'll have to see how it goes!   Shay from Biggest Loser was my inspiration on that one.  She has a personal trainer that she works out with for 4 hours every evening when she gets done working and 7 hours on Saturdays.  She likes the 6 different trainers (one for each day) because they all have a different style of working out that really pushes her.  And Abrey, Jen, & the Ten in Six girls planted the seed, too :)  I get such a high and personal fulfillment from helping others hit their goals and catch fire!

3 comments:

Linds said...

I think that's a really awesome goal, and you'll be a great physical trainer. You do a great job of pushing people positively in helping them get healthier bodies (which I think really is an important step in being healthy overall). I find myself still (even though I'm pregnant) thinking about the nutritional value of my foods and if I really want that in my body (or my baby's body). Yes I'm not perfect (who is?!), but I think it'll helpful to lose that baby weight afterward if I don't get in those bad habits in the first place. Good luck, Sarah!

Jen said...

Sarah... you are right on the money by deciding to be a trainer and consultant. I really believe you have a great talent for this! And I'm sure all the 10-in-sixers agree. I know Nicole has told me how much you have helped her. Wow, I'm so excited for you. This makes me want to set an exciting goal... I will let you know via my blog. :)

MyDonkeySix said...

That is awesome! Kudos on the weight loss. And I think you'll be a great trainter/ consultant. You inspire us all!