10.28.2009

Mauston Halfie


Last Saturday morning, 3 of us from our running group ran the Mauston Half Marathon.  The race is a small, low-support, small-town fun run, but had beautiful fall country scenery and a great route.  It was SOOOOO cold!  So cold that pre-race, the porta-potty interior felt warm and shielded from the wind- I may have extended my stay in there by a minute just to feel my fingers and toes warm up.  Gosh, that's pathetically cold :) 

We all did great, though, and I'm so proud, especially of Nicki!  It was her first race ever and she rocked a 2:24 with me, which was 6 minutes faster than my last halfie 2 and a half months ago, so thank you, Nicki! You did phenomenally and I can't believe you didn't even walk one bit!  Valerie was a machine, of course!  Even pushing Reed in the jogging stroller the whole way, she rocked a 2:02, probably even a 2:00 since she started a tiny bit late.  You are so unbelievable, Valerie!  2 minutes to race time and she's in the front seat of the mini-van nursing then changed a dirty diaper.  I can't even believe it. You blow my mind w/ how fit you are. 


Doug & Nicki's hubby Grant & their 4 kids rode up together and unfortunately didn't make it until 2 minutes after we finished.  Hence no pictures during the race, but got a couple afterwards, when we're the most glamorous :)  Chloe, the little girl in the pink hat is my competition for Doug's affection :) jk  Our belated support team was great- thanks for coming up!  This little town's fall festival was cute.  I did pass on the deep-fried oreos and deep-fried pickles, though....

No comments: