9.18.2009

Labor Day Weekend


Over Labor Day Weekend we drove out to Ohio to visit Doug's brother Matt, our sister-in-law Erianne, & our niece Aleah (a.k.a. Mattyanleah). It was such a nice visit, chance to veg, laugh, play, and workout all at the same time. I went running on the Slippery Elm trail on Saturday, we made taco salad Saturday night and pizza rolls Sunday night, I learned how to play poker (no talent whatsoever- I mean- why not go all in when you're playing w/ plastic chips?- yeah, no wonder I lost first), we went to an apple orchard that had a petting zoo and we picked apples and raspberries, and about a zillion and a half other things. I wish there was just more time in the weekend! I miss you guys! Wish we lived closer! The "pup pup" misses Aleah...
(More pics will come later when Mattyanleah emails them to me :) )



On our way back from Ohio on Monday night, we stopped at the Indiana Dunes, our old stomping grounds from my college days. We showed Frank our old beach, where we'd kick it a few times a week back in the day, the secluded dune we made out on top of, the massive dune we'd sprint up, and of course just ignore Chernoble in the background. Oh how we miss being by the dunes! They're the midwesterner's version of being a beach bum :) Now Valpo, Merrillville, & Gary? Not so much, Little MJ.

2 comments:

Linds said...

Fun! I always love fun weekends like that! Love all the photos and happy 6 years together! Goes by so fast, huh?

Jen said...

We've visiting sanddunes on the Michigan side of Lake Michigan. What a BLAST! Now I want to go make out on a dune, too. LOL!