July 9-11th I went on a trip to Nauvoo with the YM & YW from our ward. It was so fun and I have TONS of pictures, but I'll save that inundation for Facebook (so check out the album on there). Here are a few of my favorite of my girls. Andrea Rose & I went as YW leaders with ALL five of our YW. There were also 3 YM leaders & the Bishop with 12 YM. We had such a blast! We did everything there is to do :) We stayed at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites' Manor House, Historic Nauvoo Visitor's Center w/ movie & tribute to women statue garden, Sunset on the Mississippi musical, swimming at the hotel pool, baptisms at the Nauvoo Temple, carriage ride to Inspiration Point, scavenger hunt of historic sites like the homes, tin shop, blacksmith shop, gunsmith shop, bakery, brickyard, post office, mercantile shop, print shop, Penndleton school, gravesites, & monuments, etc. We went the Nauvoo Pageant the last night, and did the Trail of Hope walk the next morning with vignettes by the pageant actors, then the Carthage Jail & visitor's center. I have lots of recommendations for any of you who are going with your families or youth groups! A great idea Andrea came up with for food was we did crock pot meals cooking in our hotel rooms all day while we were out & about. Fantastic! And when placed in the hallway on our fancy schmancy triple ironing board buffet- CLASSY! :) Such a fun time! I can't even begin to put into words what a tremendous testimony strengthener this whole trip was- I have such a new testimony of what faith means!
7.22.2009
Nauvoo Trip
July 9-11th I went on a trip to Nauvoo with the YM & YW from our ward. It was so fun and I have TONS of pictures, but I'll save that inundation for Facebook (so check out the album on there). Here are a few of my favorite of my girls. Andrea Rose & I went as YW leaders with ALL five of our YW. There were also 3 YM leaders & the Bishop with 12 YM. We had such a blast! We did everything there is to do :) We stayed at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites' Manor House, Historic Nauvoo Visitor's Center w/ movie & tribute to women statue garden, Sunset on the Mississippi musical, swimming at the hotel pool, baptisms at the Nauvoo Temple, carriage ride to Inspiration Point, scavenger hunt of historic sites like the homes, tin shop, blacksmith shop, gunsmith shop, bakery, brickyard, post office, mercantile shop, print shop, Penndleton school, gravesites, & monuments, etc. We went the Nauvoo Pageant the last night, and did the Trail of Hope walk the next morning with vignettes by the pageant actors, then the Carthage Jail & visitor's center. I have lots of recommendations for any of you who are going with your families or youth groups! A great idea Andrea came up with for food was we did crock pot meals cooking in our hotel rooms all day while we were out & about. Fantastic! And when placed in the hallway on our fancy schmancy triple ironing board buffet- CLASSY! :) Such a fun time! I can't even begin to put into words what a tremendous testimony strengthener this whole trip was- I have such a new testimony of what faith means!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
That sounds like so much fun, you are an AMAZING leader! Makes me miss Nauvoo. Jardan hasn't gone yet, so when we do we'll be sure to go with you and Doug :)
Post a Comment