


Doug & I went out to Milwaukee on Sunday July 19th for the first day of my company's annual meeting (Northwestern Mutual). It kicks off w/ a 10k race called Roots & Wings where the home office employees (the roots) compete against the field office reps & staff (the wings). I ran a 10k in 65 minutes, which was pretty good for me- faster than I thought I'd do! (I'm in the blue t-shirt & black capris at last picture, teeney tiny, middle right of the frame, finishing) 8,500 runners- amazing- there's just something about that sensation of being in a crowd so huge of people buzzing with anticipation & excitement that is so INCREDIBLE! That afternoon I was in meetings & sessions, then that night we had the Garden Party at the zoo where I proceeded to eat my weight in fried mozzarella marinara sticks & cheesecake. GREAT day! I love our company's annual meeting- it was my third- but I didn't stay the whole week this time- just the first day. Gotta love that NM koolaid to pump up & revive!




1 comment:
That is an awesome running time! Go you!
And fried mozz and cheesecake. Yum!
Post a Comment