6.11.2009

Drama Mamma

My headaches over uncertainties, oh the joys. We are moving into a new apartment (so excited about the new place!) on July 20th, just a quarter mile away, up & over the hill, same ward. Condo of some friends of friends of ours who are having a hard time selling it but need to take off out of state for a fellowship. The 2 car attached garage is going to be SOO nice! Our lease at our current place is up August 31st. Worst case scenario is we stay where we at and we just don't move into our new place until August 31st. Best case scenario we find someone to sublet our place July 20th-August 31st.

Well, we found a great couple willing to sublet our place, but they want it BEFORE July 20th, hopefully by June 15th but definitely by July 1st. So now we're scrambling on Craig's List to find a place for us to live between apartments July 1st-July 20th. So time consuming! Scouring through posts, sending emails to crazy people... I set something up w/ what looks like a great opportunity place & then if falls through, time & time again, some other looker always snags up the place before me.

I posted on Craig's List what we're looking for, but does anyone in the Madison area have any suggestions or know anybody by word of mouth who's looking to sublet for just a short 3 week period of time?

Random sidenote: so in my organization and preliminary packing (extremely snail-paced right now and not taking it super seriously) I am going through our junk we don't use on a daily basis and determining if I'm boxing it up for storage or trashing it. SOOO....I've kept coursework for all my college courses. One binder per semester. Should I trash it? Should I keep it? I've hauled it around the last almost 6 years of marriage, but I don't know if I want to bother doing that again. Does some weird part of me think I'm going to need it again? Do I think I might be asked to produce proof of papers I wrote? Am I just plain psycho and need to toss it all? So torn... what are your thoughts? I need help!

2 comments:

MyDonkeySix said...

Toss it! Are you really ever going to look at it again? Or have the time to look at it again? If you still have a hard time parting, save the most important few items from each class.

Good luck with finding a place!

Linds said...

I'm a pack rat. I shouldn't be even providing my input. We keep Sam's because it doesn't count towards our moving weight, and it could actually be useful. I've kept a few of my papers that I thought were particularly good or useful, so there's my input. Good luck finding a place.