5.15.2009

Beautiful Runs

Lately I've been into adventuresome runs in places I've never been and in fun loops so that I don't see the same thing twice.



Last Saturday afternoon I ran 8.25 miles through and around the Arboretum in Madison. It's my first time ever going through there, and it was gorgeous! I highly recommend it. I love that this little paradise is nestled in the middle of the city. Running by the zoo was fun, too.





Monday evening I ran 8.74 miles along the lakeshore in Madison. Maybe a little more-collegey towards the end than I wanted, what with the nicotine and alcohol hitting my lungs, but the beginning of the run at Picnic Point was gorgeous. I think I'm going to have to rework this route to end at the Union then weave back around avoiding Langdon Street.





I absolutely adore Madison.

2 comments:

MyDonkeySix said...

Small world! My bro-in-law went to school there and so we visited my sister and kids there one summer many moons ago when I was 14 or so. We went swimming up off that point at one of the beaches. It is gorgeous out there. I loved Madison too. It's a fun place. And green!

Shannon said...

Wow! I am impressed at how great of a runner you are. I wish I were that motivated!