
After playing with the yoga trainer on Wii Fit, I found in an online search that Bliss Flow Yoga Studio in Fitchburg has this beginner special of $10 for unlimited yoga for a week, a complete bargain aimed at just letting you check out their studio and see if you want to join more permanently. The studio is right behind Great Dane on Cahill Main. Very nice place! I took 4 classes- Yoga Essentials w/ Ali, Candlelight Yoga w/ Ruthie, Happy Hour Flow w/ Andrea, and Slow Flow w/ Alicia. First of all, Yoga is different than I had anticipated, and although I haven't quite worked out all my opinions of it, it's pretty neat. Some of the classes are all out sweating, muscles trembling, workouts that involve fast moves from position to position very repetitively. Some of the classes were very relaxing and meditative. Since I work out so much at the gym, I think I prefer the latter- a more meditative yoga class. I do understand the awakening and flowing of energy from every spec of your body into your core, and I really am fascinated how that enables a deeper relaxation afterwards. I am starting next week another beginner special of $10 for unlimited yoga for two weeks at Inner Fire Yoga Studio in Madison. After this experimenting and learning ends, I'll know more what style of yoga I want to practice regularly. Anyone's welcome to join me :)




1 comment:
I probably should have joined you at the Bliss Flow Yoga. I haven't tried out their classes, and have been interested. I hope you like Inner Fire better than I did . . . the studio is VERY nice (showers and everything), but the heat is too much for me. Oh - also, the teachers are really good. Can't wait to hear how it goes!
Post a Comment