3.27.2009

Yay for Cars



Doug's car needed an alternator replaced about a month ago, no problem, bought a new one, it was in the middle of finals week so we had Meineke install it. A block away from the shop, the alternator failed. Meineke tested it, yup, bad alternator. The auto parts store said refunds & exchanges are handled w/ the manufacturer's home office. We filed the claim, should get the refund in 4-6 weeks. Meanwhile, we paid out of pocket for a 2nd alternator, paid out of pocket for another installation/labor. 3 weeks later the 2nd new alternator fails. Meineke tested it, yup, bad alternator, nothing w/ Doug's car at all. Another claim in the works, but still haven't seen the $ from the first claim. We're buying a different brand alternator from a different company that's double the price of the other alternator, but can't until the claim $ comes in for the first two bad alternators and refunded $ for the first two Meineke installs. That's a LOT of money. So Doug's car is sitting. Doug's been driving my car and I've been driving our extra car- the VW Beetle (which has been for sale since December unsuccessfully).



Last night Doug was at work and closed the trunk of my car parked outside and the rear window shattered randomly. B/c it's heated, it's over a grand to replace- so here we come insurance claim. So my car is sitting in our parking garage at home.



And we're sharing the Beetle now. Ugh. Have I mentioned I don't like cars right now? When it rains, it pours! But I do kinda like it in a giddy-school-girl-and-her-boyfriend kind of way when Doug drops me off at work with a kiss...

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry about the car struggles. It's pouring here this week, too (flooded basement). But... I LOVE the dropping off with a kiss. What a cute image!

MyDonkeySix said...

What a pain! It's almost like a comedy of errors. I guess it's good the bug didn't sell yet. Good luck!

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

That sucks! Car problems are the worst! Hope you guys are doing good, we miss you!