1.15.2009

Positive Thinking



Never underestimate the power of positive thinking, right? Today's weather forecast is a high of negative 7 degrees, windchills ranging from negative 30 to negative 40 degrees. That pic is my car thermometer this morning. Here are the 10 reasons I love this beautiful weather:

1. The sky is so clear outside that the sunshine seems brighter than usual and the air is crisper and cleaner
2. Frozen snot and boogers are kind of a cool sensation :)
3. Frank is really quick with doing "the do" outside and I don't have to stand around waiting very long
4. Comfort foods taste better during cold weather than during warm weather, like hot cocoa, warm bread from the oven, chili, mac & cheese, pasta, ok- anything with melted cheese, etc.
5. I get great parking spots at stores- right up front- and no crowds inside
6. I don't have that guilty feeling for skipping my morning jog outside
7. Frank snuggles underneath the down comforter at our feet during the night instead of right between our faces at the head of the bed
8. I can blame my being late- and I'm ALWAYS late to everything- on the slippery roads b/c it's too cold for the salt to work
9. It's invigorating- keeps me alert and wide-eyed when I'm walking into the office in the morning
10. Seeing Doug in that hat with the ear flaps always makes me chuckle

1 comment:

J. Miyoshi Zuehl said...

I love your optimism... Just the dose I was looking for! I'm sure Doug's hat would make me chuckle too, I think we need a picture.