8.25.2008

Full Weekend




It was a full weekend! Thursday evening Frank had a vet appt for his annual physical--he's a healthy 27lb chunker! Got a rabies shot in one butt cheek and his 2nd distemper shot in his other butt cheek. He turned his butt away from the vet after that and wouldn't let Dr. Marcus give him any petting back there! Haa! Thursday night Doug and the rest of our sand volleyball team won the first game of our tournament. Good job, guys! Thursday night I was up all night with my brother at the ER (he's ok).

Friday I took a half day off work, we had company come up and visit from Illinois, Doug's friends Toto and Jared.

Saturday morning I went running with Sarah B. and Abrey--6 miles no stoppin' what what! Saturday late morning I went to the Farmer's Market downtown on Capitol Square with Jared, Toto, and Frank. Got yelled at by a crazy old lady. Got some hot & spicy cheese bread, some ostrich beef sticks, and some caramel apple popcorn--yum! Frank wore his "urban adventurer" backpack and I made him carry his own poop bags. He got a lot of pupperazzi :)

Saturday afternoon I went to the dogpark with Bridget & Sammers--Frank was very disappointing with his agility course performance, or lack of performance! But Sam was impressive! Oh well! Then we took the pups to a Doggie Ice Cream Social at a local organic dog food store. Again, Frank wasn't too interested in the free banana peanut butter doggie frozen yoghurt, nor was he interested in the wading pool I made him go into. What a mean mommy--you just wait til I have kids! Muahhaha! :)

Later Saturday afternoon my mom and brother Adam came up from Illinois and I met them at the hospital where we visited my brother Brian. Saturday night we had a bbq at our place with Toto & Jared.

Sunday morning we both taught at Church and Sunday evening Frank and I vegged on a blanket in the grass reading a book while Doug worked hard a few feet away on changing the timing belt on our old pickup truck, Mater. Thank goodness for a day of relaxation and time to unwind! Doug did get to relax later on :)

This morning Doug went in for 6 hours of neurology testing at UW Hospital (per recommendation from his physican at his last checkup) and they're working on figuring out if he has Dyslexia and ADD and to what extent. And school starts back up for Doug tomorrow! Good luck! I rode my bike to the office today, 4.62 miles each way. Yay, go me! :) Gosh, why do we have to live in a hilly neighborhood!!!??? Whew!

Make it a tremendous week, everyone! Oh, and I have to throw a picture of our niece Aleah in here that we just got this weekend, because her hysterical laugh is contagious! Go ahead, smile :)

No comments: