We won our volleyball game on Thursday night- yay :) The team is starting to flow together really well and it's so fun. So our record is now 1-1. Or if you break it down by actual games in the match, our record is 3-3. We hosted a big BBQ for the team, too. So let's see, that made it 5 nights of grilling out in one week?! Subway here we come....
I've been doing tons of preparation work and meetings for Girl's Camp this summer. Me and Abrey are over the twenty 4th year girls and their roughin'-it-campsite. Fun!
I arranged for a personal day on Friday and slept til noon- how fantastic! I had to really push myself to get out of bed even at noon. My body was so exhausted! Frank and I took some lunch to Doug at his work then me and the crate-midget (as opposed to other people's crib-midgets) hit the road. We drove to Huntley, IL where I painted my parents' kitchen, well most of it, at least all of the edging. I had fun at the outlet mall that evening, (perhaps a little more fun than I should have at the Banana Republic Outlet--oops!) and enjoyed una cena mexicana con mis padres. Then more painting... Luckily our friends Ted & Bridget next door babysat Doug so he wouldn't starve or go comatose.
Saturday I met up with some Madison friends Brooke & Kent and we went down to their new place (not moved in yet) in Naperville, IL, and...I painted :) They move in to their new place today actually. Sad they're leaving Madison, but I'm sure we'll see lots of them since they're not far from our parents. So Saturday was spent creating "camelback" accent walls in the living room, dining room, office, and master bedroom. Voila!
Sunday after church we had a very interesting meeting with the bishop regarding a new calling (we thought it was for Doug, but turns out it was a surprise and for me!). I've been thinking of it non-stop since then, rather fretting, but y'all have to wait to hear about it until next week when it's official!
Sunday afternoon & evening were fun hanging out with our neighbors/friends Ted & Bridget. Frank and his friend Sam even calmed down enough to sorta-snuggle on the couch between me & Bridget! So adorable! And I know what you're thinking, but I swear they're straight!
Monday morning the 4 of us went on a 17 mile bike ride :) First big ride of the year for me and Doug. My muscles aren't sore at all, but my tush bones feel like hamburger meat. Yeouch! I'll be sitting gingerly for a few days, which unfortunately means, I can't start riding my bike to and from work until Friday probably. The ride was meant to be 15.65 miles (according to mapmyrun.com, which is AWESOME by the way- I use it for making running & cycling routes), BUT we took an unintentional detour when this one country road did NOT have a street sign, so we rode right on past our turn and up a few gruesome hills in the country southwest of Madison, then realized our mistake and turned back to take the unmarked street. It turned out to be the right one. It took us 3 hours! It was VERY hilly! Doug and I took a dip in the pool and hot tub at our apartment community, with Frank basking in a lounge chair working on his tan. Wait, he's already tan, right? Oh well, maybe he was just trying to pick up the ladies.... When we finally drug ourselves through the shower and got ready to go, we headed over to our ward's Memorial Day BBQ at Westmoreland Park. Our sunburned forearms (haha, nothing else got sunburned, just the forearms) were hurting, but we had a good time relaxing and playing.
And that's how the cookie crumbled (or how my tush bones crumbled)! Unfortunately, we were very negligent with our camera this weekend don't have any fun pictures to show! Forgive us! We know that's all you feigns care about! :) Happy "Back to Reality" day after a great holiday!




1 comment:
uh oh, did you get called as the Young Womens President or the Relief Society President??? You'll have to let me know- you two go through alot of callings. Dennis just got called to be a scout leader again.
And WOW 15 miles on the bike, I feel embarrased, I haven't been able to run since I did my 5k, I really hurt my ankle and I have been trying to run but it doesn't feel good. I am hoping I can get back to it so I can do the run with you in August.
Post a Comment