So Frank and I are exhausted! Jk, well, mostly me...Anyways, about a month ago my mom hired me to paint the interior of their home in Huntley, IL. They live in a one-level house that's a couple of years old in a huge retirement community. Of course it's white walls, white trim work, white carpeting, white tile, white fixtures---pretty much everything my mom and I both can't stand ;) We're both decorating junkies and she watches HGTV 24/7. She's spent the last 2 years convincing my dad the house needs color and he finally caved- yay! The agreement was to drive down every Saturday and finish one room. So far, I've gone 3/15/2008 and painted the guest bedroom and 3/22/2008 and painted the guest bathroom. I'm a very good painter if I do say so myself and my meticulous detail and trim work is second to none, BUT, I miss my Saturday sleep-ins! I was luckily (or unluckily in my dad's case) saved from going down 3/29 because my dad had the flu and they didn't want to infect me. Gracias al pobrecito! So, the way I figure it, I have 3-4 more Saturdays of painting ahead of me. Frank LOVES going to visit his Grandma and Grandpa because he gets walked about 5 times in one Saturday and gets WAY more treats than an already-chubby puppy should get. This picture is taken on my cell phone about 3 minutes after we left our house one Saturday morning on our way down to IL. Frank just sleeps on my lap the whole way there and the whole way back. Kind of like kids in the way they sleep the whole way and are totally hyped up and full of energy when they get to their destination! To make Saturdays more energy-expending and to jump start weight loss, I joined a running group that a woman in our ward put together. She runs double-marathons= crazy! There's a group of us that she's coaching every Saturday morning at 7:30 am with runs in preparation for a half-marathon in October. Here's the link to the Aldo Leopold Half-Marathon: Think I can do it? Our first run was last Saturday and was just 3 miles, but it was a good workout!




No comments:
Post a Comment